SCROLL DOWN FOR LATEST ARTICLES - Stuart Mcintosh
Search for an article or type a key word
The ‘My Fitness Mentor’ Community – readers of this blog – see what they are up to!
Recommended – A very good gym! Manager Vaughan Williams.
Find out more about your FITNESS MENTOR
- What makes a truly great athlete? Is success a gift they are born with or developed?
- Can you run faster than public transport?
- BLAST FROM THE PAST – 2004 interview with Olympic GOLD medalist JOE JACOBI
- Antioxidant Smoothie
- My #IceBucketChallenge with the help of some VERY willing athletes.
- FREE – ‘6 week personal training program’ for all current clients
- Coming soon: The difference between facilitating & strategic coaching
- The secret to elite level sport performance
- Never cheer up a child with junk food – the best way to help an upset child after sport.
- Do children learn lifestyle choices from their parents?
- Tenderstem Broccoli, Sundried Tomato and Walnut Salad
- You guys are all TOP GUN!!!!! Oceania Open and final Australian Team Selection Race – Coaching seniors & juniors athletes from the USA and Australia… Its been challenging as a coach too!
- Vegetarian Farfalle with arugula from mum’s garden… A quick weekday meal !
- Australian Schools Championship – Core Stability in Sport – ‘Boys Vs Girls’ competition to pull a bus!!!
- Top 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight
- What will you achieve in 2014?
- The perfect Boxing day lunch – Turkey & Brie Panini
- Wild Salmon in a Herb Mustard Glaze served over Garlic Mashed Potato
- Justin Bieber & Barry Manalow just ruined my training session! Why music is crucial to performance.
- My Fitness Diary #1 – my head still believes it is controlling the body of an athlete.
- What makes a truly great athlete? Is success a gift they are born with or developed?
- One of the Fastest Ways to Get Ripped
- The fastest boat on the river – Rowing 4 vs Kayaking 4. (whats the difference between rowing and kayaking anyway?)
- What does a girl give a man that just gave her flowers?… introducing Man Flowers!
- Fitness Tips for Busy People
- Society’s perception of ‘normal’ is changing.
- What is the first step?
- Its the way they won gold that is important…
- Learning Olympic Lifts – the Dead Lift
- Exercise & beer with mates – Cripple Creek
- How to follow a ‘steep’ development curve – athletes, coaches, trainers & fitness fanatics!
- Economic & Social effects on men
- Any fitness goal is a little daunting
- How strong do you want to be?
- Appetite Suppressants – Chilli
- Definition of a Mentor
- Can I lose 8kg in 8 weeks? How to pick an incentive that gives drive and rewards your effort (Penfolds Grange)
- A Formula for Developing Successful Results
- ”Gold hopes for waterboys”, An interview I gave the BBC just before the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
- A Monday Lunch Salad for Men
- If you want to stay fit & healthy pick yourself a fun challenge…
- Will cutting out beer or wine really make a difference?
- Want to grow muscle and lose weight…
- What can you expect from me?
- The most successful have no concept of failure!!!
- James Bond Diet = no carbs after 4pm and exercise lots!
- What’s the First Step?
- Are we defined by the way we deal with mistakes…?
Looking for something specific, search the website here
Recommended – Michael Ashcroft, Financial Advice
Recommended: I have known Glenn for over 10 years, he was one of the first established Crossfit gyms in Australia!
If your enjoying this months blog posts, check out what I wrote in previous months!
Images from blog posts
Search Articles by Category
Blogs I Follow
- JOC Consulting
- Lorenzo's Elixir
- CRAZY LIFE
- True North Strong Sports Blog
- Slalom South Africa
- PLEASE BRING ME MY WINE
- Francis' Urban Planning Blog
- Urban Debate
- Cities for People
- Mission for Fit
- The Food Life
- My great Wordpress blog
- My journey to success... from scratch.
- Fat Man On A Push Bike
- Get Kidz Fit
- Girl Meets Self
- Beauty & Fitness
- Fit and Fab For Life Personal Training
- Hollis Plample
- The Clipboard
- A Beach Glass Bum
- The Personalized Physique
- Lea Hogg's Blog
- Healey Institute for Healers
- The Jiggly Bits
- Fabulous Fit Food
- The Office Inbetweener
- Yvette's Gourmet Kitchen
- I Dream of Poutine
- Linnet Moss
- Living the Life
- Hemingway Run
- International Bellhop Travel Magazine
- Cooking Without Limits
- Live simply, travel lightly, love passionately & don't forget to breathe
- Ambers Total Wellness Makeover's Blog
- Keitochan Says:
- Andre Veloz's Blog
- Rowing from Home to Home
Category Archives: Fitness
Originally posted on My Fitness Mentor ~ Olympian Stuart McIntosh:
I am privileged that I have many friends around the world that are truly great athletes across many sports and yes some are Olympic medalists. They all have very different personalities…
Originally posted on The Fit Foodie:
Aside from this being insanely pretty, strawberries and acai make for a refreshing and detoxifying smoothie. Full of antioxidants to clear you skin, this one is great a great way to start your day if…
Just as we were about to shoot, Ciaren ran off to be sick. We had just finished our session with some Peak Lactic Sprints. . . He was fine a few minutes later and it all added to the fun … Continue reading
WHY? Because it is winter and cold. This is my commitment to keep you motivated and guarantee you achieve your personal goals! Programs will be emailed through this week, but if there is anything you want to discuss, please call. Train … Continue reading
Elite level performances happen across many sporting disciplines at major championship events regularly as you can see in the video. But how and is there a secret training formula? Not really, it is all about consistently executing an accumulation … Continue reading
When children are exposed to a routine that works, they learn it, understand it and when done regularly it is locked into the memory. : Beaten at Soccer + treated to ice cream + given a cuddle = feels better … Continue reading
In the picture above you see my youngest child and me. She actually watches most of training sessions as all my children have, and in this article I suggest that our lifestyle choices are passed on to our children. If … Continue reading
Another great recipe from Julie Montagu! If you don’t know the name, you best remember it!!! She has lots of really tasty veggie based meals and most are quick and simple… I hope you enjoy this and her other recipes … Continue reading
Photo: Legend Ricki Powell Team USA – AKA ‘Goose’. As the sun sets and the Oceania Open closes, and yet another National Team selection race concludes I am emotionally exhausted. As a coach I believe and feel for all athletes … Continue reading
Fantastic recipe from Lea Hogg – truly good food every day. Lea Hogg's Blog Back to the weekday routine and a quick easy meal for today. This pasta is so simple yet delicious and I use a mix of cooked … Continue reading
Over the last 2 days I have been coaching Canoe Slalom Athletes competing in the Australian Schools Championship at Penrith Whitewater Stadium. Schools from all over Australia brought their best athletes which delivered some excellent racing, possibly spurred on by New … Continue reading
Originally posted on Beauty & Fitness:
July 31, 2013 | Marie Spano Have you ever been frustrated by your weight? You cut your calories, log your food intake and diligently work out, sweating through spin classes and hammering it the…
If you have vision, a plan, strong influences from the right people, mixed with a bucket load of discipline and willingness to work then you are on track to achieve the success you deserve in 2014.
I overindulged on Christmas day and now feeling suitably bloated. My fridge is full of left overs so this my Boxing day lunch, followed by a brisk walk with family to say ‘Merry Christmas’ to neighbours… (Although I am sure many … Continue reading
Originally posted on Yvette's Gourmet Kitchen:
This dish has a very mild taste that is nicely complimented with the garlic mashed potatoes and topped with some peppery arugula. Wild salmon is high in omega 3, it is low in saturated…
If you don’t have a training partner and you need to push yourself music is a great motivator, but it can also have the opposite effect. I don’t want to listen to Justin Bieber or Barry Manalow during a training session!!! … Continue reading
This diary shares my personal fitness challenges as I strive to stay lean, fit and strong without getting bored. My whole body has a lingering dull ache, especially my lower abs and legs. Simply sitting down to write is a mission. … Continue reading
I am privileged that I have many friends around the world that are truly great athletes across many sports and yes some are Olympic medalists. They all have very different personalities but they do have similar attitudes built on key personality … Continue reading
Originally posted on My Fitness Mentor ~ Olympian Stuart McIntosh:
It seems I have been ‘talking the talk and not walking the walk’! Yep, even trainers can lose track from time to time, we are human too! (Did you know most…
Originally posted on Sykose Extreme Sports News:
Carbohydrates, like electricity, provide energy. But, as with electricity, if you stick your fork in with reckless abandon, you’re setting yourself up for failure. With carbs, it’s all about timing. Housing a giant…
Last night in Melbourne, Australia a fierce competition was fought for bragging rights to ‘the fastest boat on the river‘. It was a very tight race and you can watch the video clip to see who won! (and now you know the … Continue reading
If your partner is drinking too much beer and growing a beer belly, give him the subtle hint by filling his favorite beer glass with silverbeet (aka Spinach) and his ‘keg’ will turn into a ‘6-pack’. A stein of silverbeet is … Continue reading
Originally posted on Personal Training in Miami:
1. Schedule ‘workout’ Make exercise an important commitment and schedule it like a meeting so that you are more likely to keep the “appointment”. It is also a good idea to keep tabs…
For most men it is expected that ‘they know what to do’, but all too often I find out that their knowledge base is built on rumor or very dated information. Sit ups before bed and a couple of laps … Continue reading
The first step is to meet and discuss how we combine the following options to help you achieve you goals. I use my knowledge base to create & design a program tailored for you! I am not pushing a product… If … Continue reading
CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS now the World Team Champions and to Jess Fox the individual World Champion. When I reflect back on my training sessions with Jess Fox, Ali Borrows and Ros Lawrence all I remember is laughter… There was soo much … Continue reading
Olympic lifts are great for core stability and work a large number of muscles at the same time. They are very common exercises with most athletes and currently ‘trendy’ in the mainstream fitness industry due to Crossfit. Anyone can learn … Continue reading
If the only time you catch up with your mates is to have a beer and you wonder why you have a beer belly, then you need to change what you do when you hang out with mates. A couple … Continue reading
In my experience many athletes are unable to correctly identify & exploit their own strengths. They are very good at critiquing peers and often focus too much attention on their own perceived weakness. A good training plan/ log shows individual … Continue reading
Many men feel too tired after work for exercise, instead reaching for a cold beer at the end of a busy day. This habit forming routine creates long term health issues that quickly has your stomach sticking out further … Continue reading
Every fitness goal should feel a little daunting at first because “YOU just don’t know what you are capable of or what you can achieve until you try.” Its such a awesome feeling when you start something new, suddenly it … Continue reading
A 6 week gym program (from me) and you will be much stronger… but how strong do you want to be? Programs are ideal for those that want a structure to achieve a goal or hit a target. I write … Continue reading
When and how much should I use? Chilli is natural appetite suppressant and many studies say that a small amount of cayenne chilli will induce metabolism-revving. “We found that consuming red pepper can help manage appetite and burn more calories … Continue reading
Definition of a Mentor = A mentor does not tell someone what to do… They share personal ‘experience & knowledge’ to ‘help & inspire’ others to achieve their goals. (Stuart McIntosh, 2013) Click to see ‘My Mission Statement’
… Continued from previous post – My wife said… ‘Your stomach is sticking out further than your chest’. The carrot and the stick – A combination of rewards and punishment to induce behavioral change In my experience in order … Continue reading
It seems I have been ‘talking the talk and not walking the walk’! Yep, even trainers can lose track from time to time, we are human too! (Did you know most Personal Trainers burn out in less than 5 years due to … Continue reading
In November 2012 I started a 5 month coaching contract for the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) with the National Canoe Slalom Team, working with the senior, under 22 and junior teams. They are a great bunch of young athletes … Continue reading
I cant believe it is nearly 13 years ago since I raced the Sydney 2000 Olympic games. In a way it feels like yesterday, but also a lifetime ago. This is just one of the many interviews I gave that … Continue reading
I am no Master Chef and my photography may not be pretty, but this is a salad for men! (ingredients are listed below) I know I should eat salad regularly but buying all the ingredients (without them going off) and making it … Continue reading
If you want to stay fit & healthy pick yourself a fun challenge… In September 2012 I attempted the Sydney marathon…. It was a personal challenge and the training sessions were hard, I won’t deny it but I achieved much … Continue reading
Just a couple of glasses of wine or beer per night over seven days is the equivalent to eating an extra 2 average evening meals!!! Plus they are empty calories, not giving you any energy. Beer and wine should be … Continue reading
Can you remember your parents forcing you to eat your ‘greens’… This article explains why you should do the same for yourself and your family. Briefly explaining the benefits for muscle recovery, weight loss and mental health http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/value_of_vegetables.htm Image from … Continue reading
As your fitness mentor, I have over 20 years of experience to advise you on the steps you must take to create a fitter, stronger healthier you. Once you tell me what you want to achieve we agree a number … Continue reading
backflip by Guerlain Chicherit at Tignes ski resort, France How do we know what we can achieve…? This image of an incredible first ever car backflip was taken in February 2013 at Tignes Ski resort. The driver, Guerlain Chicherit, spent … Continue reading
James Bond Diet = no carbs after 4pm and exercise lots! An amusing short interview 🙂 WHY DOES THIS WORK? Exercise will speed up your
To meet and discuss how we combine the following options to help you achieve you goals. Diet and Fitness Advice We meet in a café (during your lunch break) to run through what you want to achieve and what
Sometimes ‘shit happens’… but are we defined by the way we deal with it? GB Team mate and friend Etienne Stott in gives an entertaining & inspiring insight to his journey to 2012 Olympic Gold medal success…
Contact me for correct loading, intensity and frequency of sessions!